I started this blog for a class assignment my sophomore year of college and originally intended it to act as a travel guide and bucket list inspired by pop culture.
After two years of sticking to that subject, I realized there was so much more I wanted to share. Maybe it was the knowledge that I had recently graduated, and that chapter of my life swiftly came to an end. Maybe I’m still experiencing a quarter-life crisis and wondering what I stand for, what matters to me, what makes me inherently “me.”
With that being said, my plan for the future of this blog is to transition it to one that discusses my travels and everything in between. From food and fitness to photography and music (plus a few personal musings sprinkled in), I hope to continue this journey of self-discovery as I navigate my way through the real world.
Here are a few fun facts to help you get to know me:
- I’m obsessed with coffee. I’m talking about specialty coffee, the perfect cup made by a talented barista that requires no additives. Give it to me black, please.
- I love discovering new music and sharing songs with others. Crafting the perfect playlist for every situation is a favorite hobby of mine, and I’ll listen to pretty much any genre (although indie/alternative is my favorite).
- I’ve been to more countries (14) than I have states (11), but I’m hoping to change that over the next few years.
- I grew up on a Christmas tree farm. I love watching the families traipse through my parents’ front yard looking for the perfect tree.
- I can balance 8 scoops of ice cream on a cone. Growing up, I worked at an ice cream shop where the large size cone was 8 scoops. It’s a balancing act to say the least.
- My favorite social platform is Instagram. I often discover new brands, causes, and bloggers through the channel that I firmly believe I wouldn’t have happened upon otherwise.
- I’m very good with dates. Tell me your birthday, and I’ll most likely remember it. I even know a few celeb birthdays for some odd reason.
- I watch too many television shows. I blame Shonda Rhimes for this.
- I love reading celebrity memoirs written by influential women. Thank you Amy Schumer, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Shonda Rhimes, and Chelsea Handler for the powerful life advice that’s written on the pages of your books.