I’m a week and a half away from jetting off to Florida on a red eye flight, and I couldn’t be more excited. Although it’s been uncommonly warm these past couple of days, I’m going stir-crazy in the cold weather. I’m sick of wrapping myself up in so many layers to leave the house, sick of brushing the snow off my car, and sick of wearing long-sleeves.
To get through these rough winter days, one of the songs I’ve had on repeat is “T-Shirt Weather” by Circa Waves. It’s high time that I no longer just “remember” t-shirt weather like the lead singer belts out.
It’s time for me to BE in t-shirt weather.
Anyways, since I’m a serial over-packer with a penchant for packing items no one in their right mind would ever fathom needing on vacation, I’ve started making a list of the beach essentials that I’ll need to relish these five days that I’ll be spending soaking up the Florida sun.
It’ll be a miracle if I actually stick to the list, but I have high hopes.
To help build my own list, I consulted Tripping.com’s beach weekend packing list that it has up on its Guests page. For those who haven’t heard of Tripping, it’s the largest search engine for vacation rentals. You can easily compare listings from other sites like VRBO and TripAdvisor and trust me, it’s so easy to get sucked into the rabbit hole that is exploring all these awesome places. Although I’ll be staying with family when I venture to the sunshine state, I couldn’t help but to check out Tripping’s Florida rentals page to get me even more excited for my upcoming vacation.
I’ll most likely end up packing much more than what’s on my list, but here are my top beach essentials that will be first things I throw in my suitcase.
- This really doesn’t need an explanation.
- Tattoo Guard sunscreen
- The sun is quick to fade tattoos, so I always make sure to put a layer of protection on my three body art investments.
- JBL Flip 3 Speaker
- I’ll be spending the majority of my time at the beach and on my uncle’s yacht so music is a must. Plus, this speaker is splash-proof which will come in handy while we’re out on the water.
- My iPhone
- Like a true Millennial, this is an extension of my body in the fact that it goes everywhere I go. If I head to the beach, I always put my phone in a plastic sandwich bag to protect from sand and water splashes.
- When I was younger, I rarely wore sundresses in warm weather. Now that I’m older, they’ve become the most convenient beach day wear. Two of my favorites are from Nectar Clothing.
- Beach Towel
- Again, this is pretty self-explanatory.
- Even in winter, I don sunglasses at the first ray of light that peeks out. My irrational fear is that I’ll wake up with a sunglass tan a la Kim Kardashian, so I’ll typically take them off when I lay on the beach.
- Hair brush
- As much as I love the tousled beach waves look, my hair would hate me if I didn’t tame it after a day out on the water.
- Now I know I won’t be able to sneak beer past TSA, but this will be a necessity prior to me stepping foot on the sand. Give me a Corona and lime while on the beach or the bow of a boat, and I’m in my happy place.
So…is it too early to start packing?