As I settle back into the college routine, I’m still in the process of setting up my blog. I’ve been stumped for quite some time as to what my initial post should be about. What qualifies as a good first post? Should I be witty, funny, or sarcastic? Should I be pompous and pretend I am a blogging extraordinaire (when in actuality I have no idea what I’m doing)?
So I decided to give you a list of my favorite pop culture things as of this moment. The list includes music artists I’ve recently discovered, television shows I’m obsessed with, celebrities I’m hoping to one day brush shoulders with, and the latest app that is tearing me away from my mounting homework. Here’s the list that I’m sure would be longer if I didn’t fear it would cause boredom among my readers:
1. Jennifer Lawrence – I rushed to the store when the latest Vogue magazine came out just so I could once again fan-girl over her. This obsession has been continuing since I first saw her walk the red carpet at the 83rd Academy Awards.
2. Grey’s Anatomy – Ok, I know I’m hopping on the bandwagon a little late with this one. After some pleading from a friend, I finally sat down to catch up on all the seasons this past year. I’ve been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, I’m only on season 6, so my hopes of catching up before the new season premieres at the end of September are slowly diminishing.
3. Edith Piaf Pandora radio station – I just watched the movie A Good Year the other day, and since then, I’ve been consumed by French music. I can’t even tell you why. I’m currently listening to this Pandora station as I write this post.
4. “Royals” by Lorde – I was in the car with a friend one day and she said, “You gotta hear this song!” I didn’t like it at first, but now I can’t stop listening to it. It’s embarrassing how many times my iTunes says I’ve played it over the past couple of days.
5. Justin Timberlake’s performance at the VMA’s – One word: flawless.
6. Tumblr app – I have to go through my Tumblr feed every night before I head to bed. I would stay up late and go through my feed if I knew I could function off of 3 hours of sleep a night. Unfortunately, I can’t.
As I continue with this blog, I plan to include places to travel that are currently related to my various pop culture obsessions. Let the crafting of the bucket list begin.